Our Family Story


Translate

01 August 2013

Our 1st Family Cruise!! (Part I)

VENICE

Right before Easter, for the kids' two week break, we took off down to Venice and caught up with this huge cruise ship for our next adventure ...


I seriously love this picture!  The picture that was being taken here (by Miles) seriously did not look good (I mean constipation faces from all the kids) but this picture depicts what we did all day, all over Europe while we traveled.  Just another typical day in our life here.


Mom & Dad, Look what we found!  The air was even warm, making it even better entertainment.



My little budding photographer.  I love this girl!


First things first, marking our territory by immediately doing blowfish after blowfish on the balcony window.  I told you going on a cruise was a blast!


Crystal stairs!  The kids thought this was SO fancy!


First Stop
BARI, Italy


The other 3 kids decided to entertain themselves back at the ship in the kids club ... we were amazed how easy it was to move with only 2 kids!  Love it!!

Here we are standing by the Castello Normanno-Svevo.  I totally forgot to turn and show the little one on my back.  Sorry Baby! 


My little girl standing next to the Mediterranean Sea.  We made her put her foot in it just so she could say she that she had touched it.  We are awesome parents like that :)
(or as the Germans would say, the Middle Sea)


My three companions for the day!


Well, hello baby!


Second Stop:
Ephesus, Turkey

It rained almost the entire time we were there.  Not just a light rain, it was a downpour that soaked everything!  Can you see the drops of rain on our lens?  The kids didn't notice the cold until the very end - they were too busy running around jumping in the puddles.  It was seriously giving us heart attacks every time we turned around and we could find them.  Several times they were gone, lost among the scores of MSC tourists.  

During the last 20 minutes the rain stopped and I ran back up to the top and took a ton of pictures!  It turned out being perfect.








This is how we entertained ourselves while they tried to convince us that Italian leather is really Turkish leather and whatever you can get in Florence is cheaper here in Turkey.  Hah! It was this ridiculously over-priced leather store.  Really Turkey?  I think I'll stick with my Italian leather purse from Florence thank you very much.  It was cheaper and it smells wonderful!

Can you guess how old the kids are? It is a fabulous talent that we have to find joy wherever we are in whatever circumstances come our way.








Above & Below: Taking part in the classic cruise photo's






No comments:

Post a Comment