Our Family Story


Translate

06 October 2012

The Netherlands



We extended our trip since an army thing got rescheduled at the last minute.  We were able to head up to Amsterdam and experience a little bit more of Europe.  I know, I know, Amsterdam is known for a lot of things ... the red light district ... legalized pot ...  but we didn't go for those.  We tried our best to shield our children from these particular areas but at the end of the day making our way back to the train station we weren't very successful. 



The Flower Market -- Bloemenmarkt
Tulip bulbs were seriously CHEAP!  We could gave bought a huge bag for 5 Euro.  If I didn't kill everything I probably would have done it too.  Even my kids thought of getting their school teacher some tulips before buying them for me.  I seriously kill everything!


The 'I Am' Sign


All our kids


'P' (an upside-down 'd') for Paige ... what is that other girl doing?  Crazy upside-down girl!


an 'E' for Emi & Evan


An an 'A' for Anika ... she found this balloon there and wouldn't let it go.  We even had to 'coat' check it at the Van Gogh Museum.  She is too funny!


My favorite picture of the canals, all the bikes, and the homes!  I love it!


house #166 - the skinniest house in Amsterdam


The Anne Frank Home!  Such a neat experience, and very educational for my children!   

More Pictures HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment