Our Family Story


Translate

23 May 2012

A visit to the Flossenburg Concentration Camp


I tried to go and see this while my parents were still in town but it was the day we were suppose to leave to Paris and for some reason I read the hours wrong and I thought it was closed.  Turned out it WASN'T closed but since we had so much to do before our trip it wouldn't have worked out.

Anyway, here is the Flossenburg Concentration Camp in Bavaria
For the official website go HERE
and for more information go HERE or HERE

I was expecting this small concentration camp but I was completely wrong.  My goodness, this place was huge!  It felt like it was in the middle of nowhere too.  The museum was put together wonderfully, and  I was quite impressed with the manner of how it was displayed.  It was a solemn experience ... maybe a little too graphic for the kids, but something they need to know about and will eventually learn in school.





No comments:

Post a Comment