Our Family Story


Translate

18 December 2012

Heppy or Merry Halloween

Germany as a country does not celebrate Halloween, but the American's sure do and the Germans join us in our celebrations most of the time.  You can always tell if they are German with the way they say Heppy Halloween or Merry Halloween - it is so cute to see all these little German kids all dressed up trying to speak English to get a little candy.


Paige - my little witch flying on her broom-stick 
(she has been practicing ever since she learned at the Harry Potter castle)  


My little batgirl with an attitude!!  You go Anika!!


My beautiful Emi who is growing up way to fast in my opinion!


Another toddler in our one size fits all Elephant costume!  I adore babies in Halloween costumes!


Star Wars!!  Gotta love any costume you can use the FORCE or bring a LightSaber along!


This year Halloween was crazy again.

 Last year I had a brand new baby - the house barely got decorated, I could hardly hold up the candy bowl to pass out candy and I hated opening the door over and over because I was worried my little newborn was going to get too cold.

This year the kids' Fall break just happened to fall on the week of Halloween.  Sorry kids ... we are going to France instead of staying home to Trick or Treat.  The kids were excited about Disneyland Paris but devastated to be missing Trick or Treating.  So ... I emailed a few friends, asked if we could Trick or Treat early and went around to their houses the Thursday before Halloween.  The kids were so excited!!  And they only got a handful of candy, which worked out perfect because snuck up to her room, hide there for an hour and ate ALL her candy the next day - the little stinker!  Thank You friends for making Halloween possible for my kid's!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment