Our Family Story


Translate

09 July 2012

A few hours in Verona, Italy


We only had a few hours to spend in Verona but with Rick Steve's in our back pocket we knew we would be able to see all the highlights and leave feeling like we got to see everything.  I'll be honest, all I really wanted to see here was Juliet's wall (you know, from Romeo and Juliet & Letter's of Juliet).


In the Piazza delle Erbe
We jumped in front of this fountain for this picture right after a couple that had just been married, in her wedding dress and all, had gotten their picture taken.


Juliet's Wall

Side note: in front of me and to the right a guy purposed to his girlfriend!  How romantic is that?!  I tell you I'm a sucker for romance, Miles isn't really and was NOT as impressed as I was.  


The kids holding Juliet's hand for luck in finding true love.  Traditionally you are suppose to rub something else but I told the kids otherwise (the nice shiny clean area is what you are suppose to rub).  Emi being observant asked why everyone was touching the statue there and asked if she had to too.  She was relieved when I told her 'No'.  What a cute girl!


An ancient Roman stair case ... leading to nothing.  Cool just the same though!  We did however climb the 'tower' off to the right in this picture.  


For more pictures go HERE to our other blog

No comments:

Post a Comment