Our Family Story


Translate

03 February 2012

Birthday Boy



The night before Evan turned 5 I hugged him super tight and told him it was the last time I was going to be able to hug him when he was 4 years old.  He was so excited he was going to be 5 when he woke up!!  When he woke up I asked him if he felt any different ... of course he did, what a silly question!!  Personally, I was heartbroken that he was growing up - I would never be able to hug him at age 4.

My little man if 5 years old and ready to do just about anything.  He is such a good kid and such a joy to have around!  He loves to throw the ball around with Miles.  He loves Lego's and Transformers (he got all of Miles' old Transformer toys and has been loving them).  He is really starting to like school.  He LOVES playing Star Wars on the Wii.  He loves Layton Taco's and Frito Mix for dinner; go figure, they both have Pork n Beans in them.  He is so loving towards the family and always going out of his way for Anika and Kenneth.  I love how protective he is!

At school they had a birthday celebration for him and I stayed to watch.  It was such a fun experience to see the traditions that go on.  They sing so many songs and each individual came up to Evan and wished him well in the coming year (during 2 different songs).  It was so neat!!  A dragon puppet even came at the end with a sparkler coming out of his mouth.  After the sparkler went out he went around the room kissing the kids and then played hide n seek with them when he went 'home'.  It was really cute!  They really take birthday's serious here, I was there for 2 hours.  It wasn't some short song and treat, it was almost the entire morning.  Evan felt so special!!

No comments:

Post a Comment