Our Family Story


Translate

09 October 2011

Hit and Run



Did I mention I got in a car accident ... pulling into my garage?  
Our garage out here is not automatic and when you open it it swings out toward you so you can't park too close to the garage.  I had just gotten home from running errands with the kids, I had opened my garage, was back in my car getting ready to pull the car into the garage when the neighbor's friend backed up and hit me.  I got out of my car to confront them when then put their car in drive, drove up the street and drove away.  Seriously?  Did I just experience a hit and run?  My other neighbor was walking up the street from below me and yelled at me to get the tags.  THANK YOU!  I was able to get the license plate number just in time.  

We had just gotten our car from being shipped over here too ... with NO scratches whatsoever too!! 

 I called the MP's, which are the military police, and they came over to take my report.  They also had to take my neighbor's reports - the one who yelled at me to get the tages and the one who got dropped off.  The girl who hit me had a few issues that I wont put on the blog ... I don't think the MP's should have told me that kind of information.  The MP's were here forever taking every little detail ... there must not be many exciting things happening out here because the 2 MP's who were here initially turned into 8 MP's going in and out for a few hours.  I tried to call Miles several times but had to hang up with him to talk to the MP's over and over.  Oh, yeah, did I tell you this all happened when Miles was TDY - 4 hours away for 2 weeks.  Perfect!!  I guess it makes for a good story though!

No comments:

Post a Comment